18 June 2008

should i stay or should i go now?


OK, all 3 of my readers. Thanks for helping me out with my blog-maintenance issues, now maybe you can help me with self-maintenance. What should I do next?


The Nominees Are:

New York

Pros:
  • near my immediate family
  • dollar salary
  • more independence
  • it's New York

Cons:
  • oh so wallet-breaking
  • weather sucks 50% of the year
  • more job competition

Manila



Pros:
  • near my Filipino family
  • I have more friends here
  • higher standard of living for less money
  • weather

Cons:
  • need a car (& invincible driving skills on top of that!)
  • very low salaries
  • far from my parents
  • not really a con, but a minus point for living there now- Manila will always be there to go back to

Somewhere else?









Signs, signs, signs?! I need one to point me in my direction.

As much as I could see myself hopping round the world forever & ever Amen, I need reliable work & a closet to store my many many many pairs of shoes in. My return ticket date is looming. I just need to choose a place & the rest of the equation will follow- the apartment, the job, the social life & the routines. I've never wanted to live somewhere & not done it. I just need to make the first decision.

Help? We could vote, I'll announce the results & it'll be just like American Idol. Or something.

3 comments:

xdb said...

NEW YORK

Ines Cabarrus said...

see the world!

AC said...

find a way to see the world...for free. HAH.