20 July 2008

re-running


Going back.

After a long, colorful intermission (I think it was a drag show. Asian-themed. I sipped some strong whiskey and mojitos with ginger).

Touching down, crossing that bridge, seeing all those lights heralding my arrival back into her concrete embrace. No matter what time of day or night there's gonna be some energy to find. Somewhere lurking in the back alleys, speeding through the subways or parading down 5th Avenue.

Will it be like returning to a life put on hold? Everything the same, the surroundings, the friends, the seasons, the city. I'll have the same grocery store, the same train line, the same bars. Even my ex-lover has called to say he'd like to catch up again when I return (as if).

Hitting reset and replay. It's deja vu, but it's not. Familiar furniture, slightly dustier. Me, slightly older.

Everything the same but my insides.

Going back.

Going forward.

No comments: