10 February 2008

book lust


There is a small independent bookshop in my neighborhood where I go to escape real life for a few hours each week. I pore over the travel section in particular, & drooooool with raw lust. I mean, check out the possibilities.

It's been a few years since I've been back to Asia, & my heart has been aching for it. I feel like there's a huge hole in my life. When I realized I had this opportunity to live in the region again, I knew I had to grab it. I plan to explore Thailand's every nook & cranny, but beyond that, Asia is the world's largest continent. I have a legion of other unexplored countries that await. Now the biggest challenge is trying to fit all of them into my schedule... Hmm.

So today I went home with a brand new travel guide & thus in effect, a whole new country agenda to plan. Nothing makes me happier, I swear. :)

I'll give you a hint. Beaches, palm trees, dancing, diving, spirituality & party party paaarrrrtttyyyyyy!

No comments: