15 April 2008

it's bali, babi!


The trip we’ve been planning forever to celebrate Sophie’s 30th birthday. We flew in from all corners- Sophie from New York, Pren from Hong Kong, Audrey from the Philippines, me from Thailand, with one Bali local, Karen, to show us around. Much eating, drinking, shopping & laughing ensued. I’ve so missed my friends.

Pictures say it best.

Surfing on Kuta beach. Many battle scars- including scraped knees, mangled toes, bruised chins, choked throats, & severe ass burns.


Dancing & drinking at beachside clubs.




Poolside pampering, massages & manicures at our Seminyak villa.


Sunset, cocktails & fois gras sushi at our everyday hangout & the bestest bar in Bali, Ku De Ta.



Finally meeting the famed Babi Guling in the mountainous jungle village of Ubud. That is, roast suckling pig stuffed with Balinese spices. Hands down the best meal of the trip.


And the villa! I went from sharing a bunk bed, aircon-less, ant-infested little house to this.


It was so hard to leave. I think I even shed a tear.

Bali, I love you. Terimah kasih!


No comments: